Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
601 West Lombard Street
Baltimore MD 21201-1512
About the Service
Are you planning to conduct a systematic review? Collaborate with a librarian!
Librarians at the HS/HSL are experts in conducting comprehensive literature searches as part of the systematic review process.
After the initial consultation, in which the project's aims and scope are discussed, the librarian typically:
- Determines if an existing systematic review has already answered your research question
- Decides which sources to search (e.g. databases, grey literature)
- Collaborates with researchers to develop appropriate search strategies to ensure that all relevant studies are identified
- Conducts the literature search and removes duplicate records
- Delivers search results
- Writes the search methodology for your manuscript
- Re-runs the literature search, as needed
Librarians keep detailed records throughout the process to ensure transparency.