Skip to Main Content
601 West Lombard Street
Baltimore MD 21201-1512
What is Research Impact?
Research impact is a measure of the influence of your scholarly work. This can be measured in the academic impact research makes on future scientific advances and clinical practice, or in economic or societal impact. Research impact assessment can answer questions such as
- How many times have your articles been cited, and in what context?
- Who has cited your articles - from what institutions or countries?
- Has your research resulted in new technology or a change in clinical practice?
- How is your work being discussed and shared online?
Measuring your research impact can be useful for promotion and tenure, grant applications or progress reports, reporting your results to the public, and demonstrating meaningful outcomes.
Research Impact Service at HSHSL
Do you want to learn more about your individual research impact or receive a report on the impact of your research group or department? Librarians at the HSHSL can provide:
- Publication and citation reports for individuals or groups
- Advice on strategies to enhance the impact and visibility of your research
- Training for individuals or groups on research impact topics
To schedule a consultation to discuss your research impact project, submit a request here. You may contact us with additional questions at email@example.com.